Loading...

The £66 million offer for the Guinea international was submitted by the Merseysiders on Monday, and was rejected with the same message that accompanied their opening bid – the dynamic midfielder is not for sale at any price.

The Reds had been encouraged enough to table a second proposal, but Ralf Rangnick’s hardline approach is the Bundesliga club’s de facto stance.

The sporting director’s position was echoed by their owner Dietrich Mateschitz, who told German publication Bild there is “no way” Keita will be allowed to leave during this window. This has been communicated to the 22-year-old, who has been advised to abandon his desire to move to Anfield for now.

Liverpool, however, have yet to give up on a priority target for Jurgen Klopp, having been patient in their pursuit thus far.

It was always known that Leipzig would be difficult to do business with due to their financial might as well as their great ambition and that even breaking the record for a transfer in Germany’s top flight would only possibly tempt, not force them into a sale.

The offer tendered this week matched the Bundesliga benchmark of €75m, which is the fee Manchester City paid Wolfsburg for Kevin De Bruyne in 2015.

On Tuesday, after Liverpool again formally registered their determination to land Keita and were met with another firm ‘no’, Klopp said: “everything is open until August 31” when asked about transfers during the club's pre-season tour in Hong Kong.

The 50-year-old has been reluctant to deviate from his first-choice options saying: “We want to have the right things and not just do something.” However, he admitted that moving on to alternatives “is more likely than doing nothing” in the window.

Hull City left-back Andy Robertson, meanwhile, will have his medical on Thursday ahead of an initial £8m switch to Liverpool.

Source: Goal

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Loading...

The Reds had hoped their improved offer for the Guinea international would have secured a breakthrough in discussions with the Bundesliga outfit.

However, it was dismissed out of hand and Liverpool are left facing the prospect of missing out on Jurgen Klopp's top summer target.

Keita is desperate to move to Anfield but Leipzig's position appears so entrenched that agreeing a deal this summer looks increasingly difficult.

Even the player submitting an official transfer request appears unlikely to break the deadlock unless Leipzig back down.

Liverpool must decide whether to table a third offer in excess of £70m having failed with bids of £57m and then £66m.

Sources close to the club have distanced themselves from reports that Keita's agent has flown out to Hong Kong for talks with the Reds.

Liverpool sporting director Michael Edwards didn't travel on the tour and remains in the UK.

Edwards is in charge of all transfer discussions as the Reds look to wrap up the signing of Hull City left back Andy Robertson and sell Kevin Stewart in the opposite direction.

Unless Leipzig's stance changes soon then Liverpool will have to look at alternative options to Keita.

Source: Liverpool Echo

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Loading...

When Lucas gave a speech to the fans at the last home game of the season and his wife was in tears I can remember thinking this looks very much like a final farewell. Even so, seeing Lucas in a Lazio shirt is still a little unnerving. Much derided in the early part of his…

Loading...

The 23-year-old Scotland international will undergo a medical on Thursday and is set to become the Reds' third signing of the summer.

Liverpool will pay £8million up front with a further £2million to follow in add-ons.

Robertson won't fly out to Hong Kong but will remain in the UK before linking up with his new team-mates ahead of next week's training camp in Germany.

Robertson will compete with vice-captain James Milner for a starting spot. The Reds turned their attentions to the Glasgow-born defender after missing out on Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon.

Robertson made 115 appearances for Hull following his £3million move from Dundee United in 2014.

Released by Celtic as a teenager, the attacking full-back launched his career at Queen's Park before being snapped up by Dundee United. Three years ago Robertson was crowned the PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year before moving south of the border.

Source: Liverpool Echo

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Loading...

The left back was given permission to leave Hull’s training camp on Wednesday when the two clubs agreed a deal for the Scotland international, worth more than £8million.

Liverpool were not under any pressure to get the deal done in the early part of this week, as they submitted a 25-man squad for the Premier League trophy in Hong Kong and could not add any more players to it.

Click here to read more of this story on MailOnline.

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Loading...

Bild reckon that the Reds are in the market for the World Cup winner, alongside Premier League rivals Chelsea and Arsenal plus Italian champions Juventus.

The article acknowledges that interest in the Bavarian outfit's most prized asset has inevitably always been strong among among Europe's top clubs given his stellar standing within the game, but neither player or club had ever been interested in a sale but his situation could now have changed following the arrival of James Rodriguez from Real Madrid.

The expensive acquisition of the Colombian World Cup star on a two-year loan has prompted Bild to speculate that something might now have changed in Bayern's willingness to negotiate, and they reckon that Jurgen Klopp has told Reds insiders that he would love to have Muller at Anfield.

The 27-year-old is contracted until 2021 and publicly at least Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge is sticking to the party line.

He said: “Thomas is still unsaleable because he fits perfectly with FC Bayern. There is no discussion about this.

“But Thomas as well as we are in agreement with the last season's assessment: it was not a good one. But that is not a problem either. Thomas also knows that he has to bring a bit more.”

Liverpool could face Muller close up on Tuesday, August 1 as they play Bayern at their Allianz Arena home in the Audi Cup.

Source: Liverpool Echo

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Loading...

The Guinea international is Jurgen Klopp's top target and there is confidence at Anfield that he is enchanted by the prospect of a move to the five-time European Cup winners.

RB Leipzig have however repeatedly insisted that they do not want to sell their star player. Last week, Liverpool had a £57.3m bid rejected for Keita, before Leipzig received an improved offer of £66m.

But that offer was also rejected by the Bundesliga club, with the co-founder of Red Bull, Dietrich Mateschitz, saying that there was “no way” Leipzig would have taken the money.

“We want to improve and consolidate the club,” he said in an interview with German publication Sport1. “We do not sell any players who are still under contract just to make a lot of money.”

This is far from Leipzig’s first attempt to ward off Liverpool’s interest in the 22-year-old midfielder.

Only last week, RB Leipzig head coach Ralph Hasnhuttl insisted that both Keita and Arsenal target Emil Forsberg ‘feel great’ at the club and are “looking forward to the new season” in Germany.

“You can see that they feel great here and are looking forward to the new season,” Hasenhuttl told German magazine Kicker. “They know very well what they have here.

“It's a huge compliment for us that we awoke such desires, but it's not the general idea of our path to allow players a transfer following the first available offer.

“Our goal is to become a big and established club, and what we did this summer is a substantial step towards it.”

While Liverpool are ready to break their transfer record for the player, Leipzig are desperate to see the player renew his contract in the autumn.

Source: Independent

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Loading...

Jurgen Klopp is on the lookout for a new left-back after midfielder James Milner played there for the majority of last season.

Sheth says Liverpool and Hull are in talks over Robertson but a separate source has also told him a fee of up to £10million has been agreed.

“News to bring you now from Liverpool and it came in the last hour or so,” Sheth said on Sky Sports News.

“Sky Sources have told us they are in talks with Hull City over the left-back Andy Robertson.

“It's understood Robertson has flown home from the club's tour of Portugal.

“A separate source claims a fee, that could rise to £10million, has been agreed.”

Robertson has made 99 league appearances for Hull since joining from Dundee in 2014.

He would be the third signing of the summer for Klopp.

Young striker Dominic Solanke has joined from Chelsea and winger Mohamed Salah signed from Roma for a club-record fee.

Source: Daily Express

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Loading...

The ECHO understands the Reds will test RB Leipzig's resolve once again having had an initial bid of £57million for Keita rejected last week.

The Guinea midfielder is desperate to sign for Liverpool and has urged Leipzig to grant him his dream move to Anfield.

The hope is that a fee of around £65million (75million Euros) will convince the Bundesliga outfit to do business.

Liverpool are in advanced talks with Hull over the signing of Robertson.

The deal for Robertson won't go through in time for the Scotland international to fly off with the Reds squad to Hong Kong on Sunday, but the 23-year-old increasingly looks Anfield bound.

The ECHO revealed last month that Robertson was back on the Reds' radar having missed out on the signing of Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon. They had also inquired about Monaco left-back Benjamin Mendy, but were told he was joining Manchester City.

The Glasgow-born 23-year-old made 115 appearances for Hull following his £3million move from Dundee United in 2014.

Released by Celtic as a teenager, the attacking full-back launched his career at Queen's Park before being snapped up by Dundee United. Three years ago Robertson was crowned the PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year.

Source: Liverpool Echo

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Loading...

Foot Mercato claims that the 22-year-old is tempted by the offer but is hoping that Jurgen Klopp’s side can raise the yearly figure to £4m, which works out at £77,000 a week.

Liverpool remain in talks over a deal for the forward and it’s claimed that they could strike a deal for Atletico if they submit a bid in excess of £25m.

Correa, who is also capable of playing on the right flank, was primarily used as a back-up option by Diego Simeone last season, starting just 15 games in all competitions.

But the Argentine still managed to score eight goals and register eight assists.

Klopp has already secured the signing of Dominic Solanke from Chelsea and Mohamed Salah in a club-record £39m deal from Roma but the Liverpool manager is looking to bolster his attacking options even more.

Source: Metro

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.